This is SO COOL …!

Master of something I’m yet to Discover

My compatriot has done something so admirable that I can scarcely find sufficient superlatives to apply to it: she has followed the instructions I provided in the unlikely situation where someone wanted to replicate my workaround for a front-of-house (meaning at the head of the blog) nav system – a series of Tables of Content by Category.

It’s not that I’m so impressed because of her wanting to, but because of her being able to ! Never in my wildest dreams did I think that my maunderings would be sufficient unto the day. Of course I hoped they would, but I know me …      :-D

Her tag is ‘Jack of All Trades’, and she thinks she doesn’t need to add the ‘and Master of None’. Well she bloody DOESN’T ! – just for starters, she’s about the cleverest and most delightful cartoonist of the ‘naïve’ school that I’ve come across. Impossible to say what I’d give to be able to illustrate my own stuff.

She’s a marvellous writer. She writes as she thinks. Don’t go there looking for polite praise but – you’ll be awfully disappointed !

I’m beginning to wonder if we both represent some particular kind of Australian blogger, inasmuch as ours as much the same kind – no special topic, no special direction. Just what we think when we think it. In a somewhat … ahh … individual way.

But don’t be put off by my likening hers to mine, OK ? – go and have a gink for yourselves.      :-)

40 responses to “This is SO COOL …!

1. Master of Something Yet August 2, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Oh, goodness, M-R. [blushblushblush] What a wonderful, generous, lovely person you are. (Reader, ignore her when she tries to convince you otherwise.) GOSH.

2. 76sanfermo August 2, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Credo proprio che tu sia troppo modesta !
    I tuoi post mi piacciono moltissimo ,dopo vado a visitare il blog della tua amica …
    Grazie per la segnalazione

3. Sue Slaght August 3, 2014 at 12:39 am

Good for you to bring that information to her M-R. I have just popped on over to her blog.

4. eschudel August 3, 2014 at 2:34 am

Thanks a lot for sharing this…another blog I need to read and follow. Man! Especially now? Now that I’m trying to comment more rather than just “like” which implies minimal, or no, engagement??? Thanks a lot! :-)

5. bikerchick57 August 3, 2014 at 5:24 am

I second M-R’s recommendation to take a peek and follow. This writer IS the Master of her blog. Plus, she doesn’t tell me I’m an idiot ;-P

6. sustainabilitea August 3, 2014 at 5:53 am

Someone did what you told them to do??? Holy cow!! (Snarky grin.)

janet

7. nonsmokingladybug August 3, 2014 at 7:12 am

Thank you M-R, I will check it out!

8. kaytisweetlandrasmussen83 August 3, 2014 at 7:31 am

That is REALLY well organized! You must have given her good directions. Me, I just go with the flow, it’s too much trouble to make it look nice.

• M-R August 3, 2014 at 9:39 am

I suspect that H and I are both obsessive, Katy ! It’s a kind of hobby, the theme part of the blog, and not recommended for anyone who is normal. [grin]

9. joannesisco August 3, 2014 at 10:15 am

I couldn’t agree with you more. I love her blog too :)

10. bluebee August 3, 2014 at 10:58 am

You have the stuff to be a technical writer, M-R. Don’t talk yourself down. Well done.

• M-R August 4, 2014 at 8:00 am

I shall have to re-think my self-image if this is true. I’ve always believed myself to be a person who creates confusion rather than clarifies anything, bb …

11. whisperinggums August 3, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Good for you and good for her!

12. Three Well Beings August 3, 2014 at 4:15 pm

You make wonderful introductions, M-R. You Australian bloggers are a clever lot. :-)

• M-R August 4, 2014 at 8:02 am

H’s drawing talent is SO apparent, Debra … Imagine being able to emphasise or underline anything you wanted to by picking up a pencil ! :-)

13. Elaine @ foodbod August 3, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Aha! Someone read it then??! [BIG wink]

14. Mary August 6, 2014 at 1:04 am

Thanks for sharing, I’m heading over ~

Comments welcomed. Well, how about encouraged …? Would you believe, demanded ? [grin]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,194 other followers