Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag

This week, share a photo that foregoes the straightforward in favor of the twisting and winding.
********************
BCCs. Know about ’em ? I do. Now. I had a punch biopsy followed fairly shortly by facial surgery, a couple of years ago.

I also know about melanomas, as I had one of those chopped out of the middle of my back more recently. But I’ve had two six-monthly checks since then, with nothing else showing up. They tell me it’s a result of having spent my childhood on the beach.

Here is what not having BCCs any more looks like – fairly zigzag, but it’s a happy ending.     :-)

stitches

Comments

• Acksherly, bb, the facial surgery was a lot less ‘ouch !’ than the back surgery: with that one I had what could be seen hacked out, and then, when it proved to be a small melanoma, they had to hack out a wider bit. Talk about tight !

1. I’m glad you had them removed and even more glad that your subsequent checkups have been negative. My father-in-law ignored his too long, with devastating consequences.

2. I had a malignant melanoma removed from my back, too! Eight years and nary a comeback. Keep those 6-month check ups, M-R. Five year I did ‘em. Happy I did. Awful post, but good. You know what I mean?

• Apparently they will stop doing me every 6 months after the next one, Lois, and do ‘em only annually. That’s our wonderful, far-sighted government for you: hack funding so that there aren’t enough staff to do things like this, and then have to pay millions for hospital service when patients are dying from melanoma. A bit OTT, I know: but TROWC makes me insane with rage …!!

Liked by 1 person

3. M-R I after gasping at your photo I am so happy to hear your check ups have been clear. You could give a girl a heart attack with that kind of lead in. Now that is a very unique take on the zigzag theme!

• Unhappily, it seems we do – I mean, of course: it is an unhappy fact that we do.
      I have never been one for importing customs.
      No offence, B. :-D

• I don’t like Halloween, it’s meaningless to me, but the big kid I am married to loves it. He buys candy for weeks, eats most of it long before Halloween (he has to test it) and has to re-buy it :-). He never wears a custom, but he loves to decorate our yard as scary as possible and has the biggest fun doing so. One year he decorated our fence with bloody heads. Good grief they looked so real, very disturbing! We went grocery shopping -weeks later- and a little boy pointed at me and started screaming “the bloody head Lady”. Everybody in the store starred at me and my husband lost it -I wanted to slap him :-)

Liked by 1 person

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag | beeblu blog

5. Whew, so glad you have passed two 6 month check up’s M-R! I agree, when they have to come back a second time to remove more it’s really painful. :( So far so good on my face but I’ve got zig zags and punch scars all over the rest of me…

• Il y a longtemps que tout s’est passé, Julie – quand j’étais un enfant ! Les effets du soleil se produisent maintenant, malheureusement …

6. Every year I show my second year students the movie of Dr Frankenstein and his “monster..Sometimes you need stiches…I’m glad you are well now from that melanoma. Take care – there really is only one M.R.!

7. I don’t know what BCCs are but given the stitches on your face, I’d say you look like you were on the receiving end of a thrashing. Glad to hear the checkups are all good now … and great version of zig-zag.
    Am I the only one who really likes that word – zig-zag? It’s fun to write, it’s fun to say :)

8. Glad to read that you are clear – what a nasty fact of what the good sun can do. While it’s a perfect example of the theme, it’s one hell of a way to get there.

Comments welcomed. Well, how about encouraged …? Would you believe, demanded ? [grin]