Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag

This week, share a photo that foregoes the straightforward in favor of the twisting and winding.
********************
BCCs. Know about ’em ? I do. Now. I had a punch biopsy followed fairly shortly by facial surgery, a couple of years ago.

I also know about melanomas, as I had one of those chopped out of the middle of my back more recently. But I’ve had two six-monthly checks since then, with nothing else showing up. They tell me it’s a result of having spent my childhood on the beach.

Here is what not having BCCs any more looks like – fairly zigzag, but it’s a happy ending.     :-)

stitches

60 responses to “Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag

1. bluebee August 2, 2014 at 9:04 am

A very good take on the theme, M-R. Ouch!

• M-R August 2, 2014 at 9:34 am

Acksherly, bb, the facial surgery was a lot less ‘ouch !’ than the back surgery: with that one I had what could be seen hacked out, and then, when it proved to be a small melanoma, they had to hack out a wider bit. Talk about tight !

2. mrsbearfoot August 2, 2014 at 9:07 am

I’m glad you had them removed and even more glad that your subsequent checkups have been negative. My father-in-law ignored his too long, with devastating consequences.

3. sixdegreesphotography August 2, 2014 at 9:10 am

Great take on this weeks challenge and YES, so glad you are BCC free now :-)

4. loisajay August 2, 2014 at 9:29 am

I had a malignant melanoma removed from my back, too! Eight years and nary a comeback. Keep those 6-month check ups, M-R. Five year I did ‘em. Happy I did. Awful post, but good. You know what I mean?

• M-R August 2, 2014 at 9:39 am

Apparently they will stop doing me every 6 months after the next one, Lois, and do ‘em only annually. That’s our wonderful, far-sighted government for you: hack funding so that there aren’t enough staff to do things like this, and then have to pay millions for hospital service when patients are dying from melanoma. A bit OTT, I know: but TROWC makes me insane with rage …!!

Liked by 1 person

5. Sue Slaght August 2, 2014 at 9:48 am

M-R I after gasping at your photo I am so happy to hear your check ups have been clear. You could give a girl a heart attack with that kind of lead in. Now that is a very unique take on the zigzag theme!

6. Master of Something Yet August 2, 2014 at 9:53 am

I thought this was going to be a post about zombies.

Liked by 1 person

7. nonsmokingladybug August 2, 2014 at 9:54 am

I hope you had it done around Halloween :-). So glad you are fine and it does look painful. BTW, do you celebrate Halloween in Australia, I truly don’t know

• M-R August 2, 2014 at 10:03 am

Unhappily, it seems we do – I mean, of course: it is an unhappy fact that we do.
      I have never been one for importing customs.
      No offence, B. :-D

• nonsmokingladybug August 2, 2014 at 10:14 am

I don’t like Halloween, it’s meaningless to me, but the big kid I am married to loves it. He buys candy for weeks, eats most of it long before Halloween (he has to test it) and has to re-buy it :-). He never wears a custom, but he loves to decorate our yard as scary as possible and has the biggest fun doing so. One year he decorated our fence with bloody heads. Good grief they looked so real, very disturbing! We went grocery shopping -weeks later- and a little boy pointed at me and started screaming “the bloody head Lady”. Everybody in the store starred at me and my husband lost it -I wanted to slap him :-)

Liked by 1 person

8. sustainabilitea August 2, 2014 at 10:15 am

Hard to press “like” but the choice works!

janet

9. bikerchick57 August 2, 2014 at 10:22 am

I’m glad you are past all of those facial stitches, M-R. Here’s to wearing a hat, using lots of sunscreen and never worshipping the sun with our faces! *clink*

10. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag | beeblu blog

11. Jackie August 2, 2014 at 11:13 am

Perfect capture for the challenge! I’m glad the surgery is behind you and you are okay now.

12. NW Frame of Mind August 2, 2014 at 11:38 am

Whew, so glad you have passed two 6 month check up’s M-R! I agree, when they have to come back a second time to remove more it’s really painful. :( So far so good on my face but I’ve got zig zags and punch scars all over the rest of me…

13. bkpyett August 2, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Good that you are free from such troubles now! :D <3

14. elleturner4 August 2, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Cor blimy!! youch! How very dramatic!! Clever take!! Very glad you’re ok! :)

15. stvrsnbrgr August 2, 2014 at 3:14 pm

You just keep acing those exams young lady!

16. Julie August 3, 2014 at 12:26 am

Ravie de faire ta “plus grande” connaissance Margaret-Rose… ;) Et ne t’expose plus au soleil, c’est trop dangereux ! Bon weekend. Bises.

• M-R August 3, 2014 at 3:39 am

Il y a longtemps que tout s’est passé, Julie – quand j’étais un enfant ! Les effets du soleil se produisent maintenant, malheureusement …

17. hilarycustancegreen August 3, 2014 at 5:10 am

You’re a brave woman, it looks like a neat job.

18. marc bourbon August 3, 2014 at 7:04 am

The beach it’ s so dangerous !

19. Forestwoodfolkart August 3, 2014 at 9:25 am

Now that is a different kind of zig zag. Hope it healed up well. We have a terrible time in our climate with sun damage.

20. Su Leslie August 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm

So glad the last check-ups were clear. Long may it stay that way fellow ex-sun worshiper.

21. Elaine @ foodbod August 3, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Oh my goodness!! A perfect shot for the challenge but you poor thing :(

22. Leya August 3, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Every year I show my second year students the movie of Dr Frankenstein and his “monster..Sometimes you need stiches…I’m glad you are well now from that melanoma. Take care – there really is only one M.R.!

23. sb2711 August 4, 2014 at 5:42 pm

You lady, are grit and courage personified. #respect

24. vastlycurious.com August 4, 2014 at 7:57 pm

What a post, such courage and I offer a belated hug M-R.

25. joannesisco August 5, 2014 at 6:21 am

I don’t know what BCCs are but given the stitches on your face, I’d say you look like you were on the receiving end of a thrashing. Glad to hear the checkups are all good now … and great version of zig-zag.
    Am I the only one who really likes that word – zig-zag? It’s fun to write, it’s fun to say :)

26. Lignum Draco August 5, 2014 at 10:29 am

Glad they were found out in time. Sadly, I believe that skin cancer is one of the most prevalent cancers in Australia.

27. restlessjo August 5, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Ouch! I love the sun too but it’s scary sometimes.

28. Mary August 6, 2014 at 12:58 am

Glad to read that you are clear – what a nasty fact of what the good sun can do. While it’s a perfect example of the theme, it’s one hell of a way to get there.

29. ChristineR August 7, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Geez, the things I miss when I forget to call in … [wanders away to front page]

30. IzaakMak August 18, 2014 at 10:10 am

Good grief M-R. So glad all that seems to be behind you now!

Comments welcomed. Well, how about encouraged …? Would you believe, demanded ? [grin]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,193 other followers