Very short addendum

It took about eighteen hours by train to get to Ingleburn (OK, so I’m exaggerating), but I’d loaded “Dragonfly in Amber” – vol. 2 of “Outlander” – onto the Sandisk SanClip and zoned out for the entire trip. I was collected from the station and driven to the Probus meeting at which I was the ‘monthly speaker’ and found there to be approx. 50 people. Wished I’d brought more copies of the review of ATLMD to hand out.

I want to post in more detail about this, so will add only that it did go well, and I was totally unfazed by the number (50 is the same as 5, far as I’m concerned) and they gave me a certificate and a BEAUTIFUL keyring.

Home again and fell asleep immediately in a chair. That’ll teach me to take my sango to the recliner. Awoke about half an hour ago.

AND … I’m simply not going to get through the number of posts in my Inbox – no way. I hope youse will say to yourselves “Stupid old fart ! – imagine sleeping through the entire afternoon !” and simply laugh … I should be back to some kind of speed in the morning but …

35 responses to “Very short addendum

1. Master of Something Yet August 6, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I reckon you deserved that nanna nap.Trek across the city, talk about yourself and your ‘baby’, glad-handle a bunch of total strangers. I’d have been comatose for days….

2. bkpyett August 6, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I do admire the way you get about and promote your book. You deserve to do well! :-) <3

• M-R August 7, 2014 at 5:38 am

I’m beginning to wonder about it all, Ba me love … I suspect very strongly that when this current lot is done, I shan’t be setting up any new ones: one can flog oneself only so much.

3. gerard oosterman August 6, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Yes, trains are almost slower than cycling. Glad to see you back, whole and hale.

4. bikerchick57 August 6, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Sleep for me M-R! Sleep well!

5. joannesisco August 6, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Glad to hear it went very well!

6. Jackie August 6, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I’m so glad to hear it all went well! Rest up for as long as you need to. I look forward to hearing more about it whenever you post it. :-)

7. sb2711 August 6, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Waiting to read more :D And catch a glimpse of the keyring ;)

8. Mary August 6, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Good to hear it went well and doesn’t surprise me that you had such a successful turnout! All that talking just tuckered you out – LOL, really? You?

9. sustainabilitea August 6, 2014 at 10:37 pm

I can see you’d be a bit knackered! I’m not getting through much mail, etc. while on vacation but hey, that’s what vacations are for, to get away. :-)

janet

10. Sue Slaght August 6, 2014 at 10:38 pm

So great the talk went well which is of no surprise to me! No worries about not getting to posts. Rest and enjoy.

11. nonsmokingladybug August 6, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Isn’t falling asleep in your chair wonderful? I am glad you had a good trip.

12. Andrew August 6, 2014 at 11:35 pm

OK. Own up. Who unfollowed me? I thought you were on sabbatical. Then I find I’m no longer following you. I blame Tony Abbott. What have I missed?????

• M-R August 7, 2014 at 5:51 am

Nah, just a really grumpy author who wants to prove to her useless bloody publishers that something CAN be done to publicise the book.
      But in all honesty I am beginning to be tired …

13. stvrsnbrgr August 7, 2014 at 6:04 am

Have you ever video’d one of your talks? If not, ask the organizers if they’ll do that. Or bring along a friend with a smartphone. Then you can post the video on your blog and YouTube and let it do some talking for you.

14. ChristineR August 7, 2014 at 9:27 am

Glad it went well for you, M-R. You are flogging a dead horse as far as trying to convince the publishers anything! Your talks are worth more than anything they can do, anyway. That personal touch must create a positive response, and when people love your book, as they will, word gets around.

• M-R August 7, 2014 at 10:56 am

I do hope so, Christine; and as I tell them all, I don’t care if they don’t BUY it, just as long as they get if from their libraries and READ it !

15. Elaine @ foodbod August 7, 2014 at 4:03 pm

There’s very little I like more than an afternoon kip!! Lovely ☺️☺️

16. Colleen August 7, 2014 at 7:52 pm

M-R please don’t give up the talks, they really are wonderful and each person tells another remember. I know I was so disappointed when you left your Randwick library I could have listened to you talk for a few more hours. Cheers, Colleen

• M-R August 7, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I suppose I was utterly exhausted after that Probus talk, Colleen – it was something completely different from the Library talks … so much involvement, and so many people to actually talk to face-to-face as well as the talk itself. PLUS a microphone I had to hold – which I hated !
      I have a few more libraries to go, still … I really do prefer that environment !
      Thanks so much for your support, m’dear – it’s amazingly helpful. :-)

Comments welcomed. Well, how about encouraged …? Would you believe, demanded ? [grin]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,193 other followers