I feel the need to elucidate

regarding my post about losing followers. The need has come upon me because so many people took the time to console me about it, assuring me that I’d pick them all up again, I shouldn’t be too disappointed, and so forth.

As happens SO OFTEN, alas !, I hadn’t explained myself at all well. I don’t know how this happens – I’m supposed to be fairly intelligent, so why do I so frequently give misleading impressions of what I’m trying to say …?

Verbosity is my guess: I reckon your eyes glaze over after a couple of lines, and your heads start to droop.     [grin]

Anyway … The comments I made on losing 5 followers at once was NOT an ego thing, I promise ! If you consider it, to lose 5 at the one time is sufficiently strange to at least cause me to raise my eyebrows – is it not …?

And that was IT. I then went on to wonder what it was that had caused this mass desertion – and as the Poms say, end of !

I should never have mentioned stats, I think: you saw that word and made the mental association.

If I pay really close attention to the wording of what I post from now on, it’s going to remove a lot of spontaneity. Question: which do I prefer? – spontaneity and readers misinterpreting my raving, or thought-out posts that do not engender same …?

Hmmmm …

40 responses to “I feel the need to elucidate

1. Mary August 8, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Keep spontaneity for sure M.R. that’s what is most engaging about you! Followers come and go, some because they were discovered to be spam, some because they deleted their blogs and others just because – best part about it, you’ll always meet new followers and that’s the fun of it. Have one heck of a great weekend!

• M-R August 8, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Tenks dullink ! – I always nejoy Saturday mornings because my two food deliveries arrive, and I unpack ‘em thinking “why did I order THAT ?” a lot … [grin]

2. Master of Something Yet August 8, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Thought you might….

(Love the evening theme. Can’t leave it alone, eh?)

• M-R August 8, 2014 at 10:24 pm

It IS a different shot ! – and it’s early morning !
      I used to go walking every morning … I wish I still did.
      Now I am going to bed and kick Lui Stringer out of it.
      Goodnight, my totally unalike doppelganger. [grin]

3. drapersmeadow4 August 8, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Spontaneity and verbosity rocks – they are the very reason I follow you, M-R!!!!! :) ~Karen~

Liked by 2 people

• Dina August 9, 2014 at 1:51 am

Me too, M-R!
      So don’t you even dare think about being less spontaneous!
      Followers come and go, but I know the feeling. When I lost three followers in one day, I was convinced I had written something wrong or boring or offending and immediately saw the end of my blogging career… ;-)

Liked by 2 people

4. Silver in the Barn August 8, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Leave the self-torture to me. Your spontaneity and stream of consciousness is why I like you.

5. sustainabilitea August 8, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Just do what you like and let the rest fall where it may. :-)

janet

6. Jackie August 8, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Thank you for your elucidation! It helped clarify things. As far as I’m concerned, spontaneity is a very good thing. :-)

Liked by 1 person

7. Sue Slaght August 9, 2014 at 12:05 am

As others have said it is your spontaneity that has a big appeal for me. I feel you write as if I was in the same room chatting with you. I like that very much.

Liked by 3 people

8. IzaakMak August 9, 2014 at 12:55 am

I know exactly how you feel my friend… :/

9. redalmados August 9, 2014 at 1:39 am

Do not you consider that M-R. The important thing is that you enjoy what you write and we are many people that we love to share these things with us. you’re wonderful. a big hug

10. J.D. Gallagher August 9, 2014 at 1:45 am

Stick with the spontaneity or you will sound like a politician. Happens to me all the time, I might write something a little sarcastic and somebody thinks I am being serious or vice versa.

11. Paula August 9, 2014 at 4:06 am

You are a spontaneous one. Don’t change!

Liked by 1 person

12. elleturner4 August 9, 2014 at 6:09 am

Spontaneity…..END OF! (Wanders of, glad to be Pommish with the ability to stop a conversation/dialogue/just about anything with two little Pommish words!) ;)

13. 76sanfermo August 9, 2014 at 7:36 am

Please don’t change….
    ………………………………OK?
    H&K,
    A

14. AmyRose August 9, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Now, M-R, if you dare to even think about changing who you are or your writing style, I will figure out a way to reach in through this techy screen, all the way to bloody Australia … now mind you that is a mighty LONG reach from where I reckon … and shake you until your teeth rattle. There! Enough said? I LOVE the way you write, etc etc etc …. STAY YOU and IF others leave your blog, they are the DUMB ASSES. Not you! (((HUGS))) Amy

• M-R August 9, 2014 at 12:27 pm

You are the most individual poster we have, I think Amy ! [grin]
      I could recognise you anywhere, even if you posted from someone else’s computer.
      What fun ! – and GOODONYER !
      As well, thanks hugely ! X !

• AmyRose August 10, 2014 at 12:34 am

GRINNING!!! I LIKE being different! Don’t you? So don’t you dare try to change! IF you do, I may be one of those who um, unfollow. NAH! Never! I would just shake you until you see sense and come back to yourself!! LOL LOVE YOU! xx Amy

Liked by 1 person

15. Elaine @ foodbod August 9, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Spontaneity wins surely???

16. Andrew August 9, 2014 at 5:55 pm

It takes me days to come up with something spontaneous that’s funny. Carry on MR. We’re just dust in the suction tube of a Dyson compared to your musings.

17. Susan Edelman August 9, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Here’s something. Never look at those stats. There are a lot of dopes online. You are NOT one of them.

Comments welcomed. Well, how about encouraged …? Would you believe, demanded ? [grin]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,190 other followers