OK, you lot – here’s another-y. I said I would post only SIMPLE recipes (because I can’t be bothered with fancy ones), and I meant it.
This is a 2-veg curry. It’s extremely delicious. What more could you want ?!
EGGPLANT & CHICKPEA CURRY
(35’ from go to whoa: serves 4)
- 2–3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 small-medium eggplants, chopped
- 2–3 cloves squashed garlic
- 425g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1–2 tbsps curry powder or 1 tbsp curry paste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut cream
- Heat olive oil in large pan: when it’s hot, add onions and eggplants and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the pan.
- Add all the spices, season with salt and pepper, and stir well. Cook for one more minute.
- Pour on coconut cream and simmer with lid on for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with Jazaa brand ‘Elite’ Pakistani rice. Only kidding ! – with any white rice you like. But Jazaa ‘Elite’ is the best rice I’ve ever eaten. :)