.. she said modestly ..
Lifted it from our national broadcaster the ABC. They should live so long.
I’m hoping this one is acceptable to the tum of my much-admired blogger, Whispering Gums. Hers is a sensitive organ and can give her a hard time unless she anticipates said contrariness. Fingers crossed ..
Sweet Potato Curry with Chickpeas and Baby Spinach
- 1½ tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsps garlic & ginger paste<*>
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (or more, to taste)
- 2 tbsps peanut butter – either kind
- 500g sweet potato, cut into 3 cm – I prefer 1″, to be honest – chunks
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- ½ a lemon
- Heat the oil over low-medium heat in a heavy-based pot. Add the garlic and ginger paste<*> and cook for until fragrant. Add the onion and salt and cook until the onion softens.
- Add spices and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds (heat but don’t burn them), before adding the peanut butter and stirring in.
- Add the sweet potato to the pot and stir to coat it in the spiced onion mixture, before adding the coconut milk, stock and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring every so often, until the sweet potato is tender (about 15’).
- Just before serving, add the spinach and the juice of half a lemon and stir in.
- Taste and add any additional salt or lemon juice as required.
Serve over cooked rice.
No tomatoes, see ? – but some greens ! I know I’m not eating enough greens right now: I shall have to find recipes that include them.
<*>garlic & ginger paste is easily found, and it does away with so much faffing about !