.. posted a recipe that needs no alteration or faffing about with in order to be able to be consumed by my mate Sue !!
HOORAY ! [grin]
Spicy Lentil, Sweet Potato and Coconut Casserole (Serves 4)
- 1½ tbsps coconut oil
- an onion chopped small
- piece of ginger, chopped small
- 1 cup red lentils
- medium sweet potato, cut into 1” cubes
- medium carrot, chopped smaller than s.p.
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 2 cups Massels stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and ginger until onion starts to soften.
- Add the turmeric, curry powder, lentils, sweet potato and carrot, with seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils and carrot are tender. It’s possible you may have to cook it a little longer for the lentils; but try hard not to over-cook the sweet potato !
- Stir in the coconut milk. Check seasoning and warm back to desired serving temperature.
This recipe was claimed to be a curry. Words fail. It is, however, just about as simple as a recipe can be – right up my alley.
I have swapped ginger powder for fresh ginger.
I have increased the volume of coconut milk and decreased the stock amount to match up.
You are at liberty to re-change, should you so wish. But I can tell you that with my alterations this recipe is singularly yummy. In fact, I’m finding it fairly amazing how delicious all these vegetarian recipes are .. but that is not to say that I haven’t tried some and cast them into exterior darkness as soon as tasting ’em. You’re seeing only the successes: what else ?!